I haven’t posted a savoury recipe on the blog since this Shredded Tofu Pasto Sandwich, more than a month ago. Since one of my blog goals was to share more lunch and dinner recipes, I figured it was high time I got started on that. So today, I decided to kick things off with this Vegan Wild Rice Burrito Bowl topped with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Avocado Dressing.
You may have noticed that I share mostly breakfast, snack and dessert recipes around here. I have a massive sweet tooth and love all things breakfast, so obviously I’m going to gravitate towards those foods. Plus, in my opinion, baking is a lot more fun than actual cooking.
So I get to make what I love, have fun while doing it and then actually get to eat it. I should be in foodie heaven, right? Not quite.
What actually happens, is that I end up eating the same thing over and over, day in day out until I get it right or decide to scrap the recipe. And as much as I love smoothies, muffins, cookies, oatmeal and the like, there’s only so much of them I can eat
Plus, I’m pretty sure my body occasionally needs some other nutrients, like the ones found in a wild rice burrito bowl, for example.
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
So, in an effort to actually eat some ‘real’ food, lunch and dinner recipes should be showing up a little more frequently around here. And obviously, I’m starting today with this wild rice burrito bowl, which, incidentally, was perfect on the first try. Oh, the irony.
Anyway, wanna know why I love burrito bowls? Cuz they’re super simple to make and so damn customizable. Don’t like lettuce? Use kale or spinach. Don’t like wild rice? I think it adds a little something to the dish, but you could totally use white or brown rice or even quinoa instead. Not a fan of refried beans? Skip ’em or just use regular black or pinto beans.
Hate avoc…okay now you’re just being ridiculous.
Avocados are actually the only things that are really essential to this burrito bowl because they’re key for the freakin-amazing Cilantro-Lime Avocado Dressing. It’s ridiculously creamy and combines avocado, olive oil, cilantro, almond milk, lime and a couple spices perfectly. Plus, it’s an awesome alternative for the usual dairy-filled, sour cream based burrito bowl dressings.
But even if you’re not sold on the wild rice burrito bowl, I highly recommend making the dressing and putting it on all the things.
More bowls + salads:
- 1½ heaping cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup cooked wild rice
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp corn
- 2 tbsp refried beans
- ¼ avocado, sliced or diced
- roasted chickpeas
- ¾ cup almond milk* (I used Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ ripe avocado, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp lime zest
- ¼ tsp each salt, freshly ground pepper, ground cumin and chili powder
- Add the lettuce to the bottom of a serving bowl, add rice and other desired toppings then drizzle with cilantro-lime avocado dressing.
- In a blender, combine Almond Breeze, olive oil, avocado, green onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, salt, pepper and cumin; blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
What about you?
- If you blog about food, do you find yourself eating the same thing over and over again?
- How do you switch things up when you’re constantly recipe testing?
- Have you ever had a wild rice burrito bowl before?
- What are some of your favourite burrito bowl toppings?
Share in the comments below!
More Vegan Recipes:
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love these
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!