The first Thursday of April is national burrito day. Can you believe a day dedicated to celebrating all things burrito inspired? Pure genius!
We’re getting involved over here at KetoDiet because we love a good stuffed tortilla but we don’t like most of the ones ready made off the shelf because they’re often laden with grains and goodness knows what other preservatives.
These grain free keto burritos are stuffed with low carb roasted vegetables, cauliflower rice, cheese and sour cream to help you get more veggies into your diet. Stuffed, I certainly am. I did 3… but just of the good stuff! What’s your favourite burrito filling? Avocado would totally work in here as well. I hope you enjoy.
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Nutritional values (per burrito)
|of which Saturated||11.3||grams|
|Magnesium||105||mg (26% RDA)|
|Potassium||659||mg (33% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (10%), protein (13%), fat (77%)
Ingredients (makes 6 burritos)
- 6 homemade Keto Tortillas – will take an additional hour to prepare, can be made in advance
- 1 small red pepper, sliced (74 g/ 2.6 oz)
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced (74 g/ 2.6 oz)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 ¼ medium zucchini, chopped (245 g/ 8.6 oz)
- ¾ cup diced pumpkin (87 g/ 3.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1 ¼ cups chopped kale (63 g/ 2.2 oz)
- ½ medium cauliflower, florets only (300 g/ 10.4 oz)
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (113 g/ 4 oz)
- 150 ml sour cream (5 fl oz)
- juice of ½ lime (30 ml)
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Prepare the Keto Tortillas by following this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/ 375 F (fan assisted), or 210 C/ 410 F (conventional). Chop the peppers, onion, zucchini and pumpkin into chunks about 2 cm (1 inch) in diameter. Toss with olive oil, cumin, paprika, oregano and a good pinch of salt. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheese.
- Blitz the cauliflower florets in a food processor until it resembles a rice consistency (it’s best if you use the grating blade). Place in a bowl and cook for 3 minutes in the microwave, or on the stove with a dash of water.
- Transfer to a muslin cloth or fine tea towel and squeeze out the excess water. Place back in a bowl and fluff with a fork. Stir through the melted coconut oil and a pinch of salt.
- When the veggies are cooked, chop the kale and massage in amongst the other veggies to soak up the oil and flavour. Cook all together for 1 – 2 more minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Stuff each keto tortilla with cauliflower rice, roasted veggies, grated cheese and top with a good dollop of sour cream and a pinch of cracked black pepper.
Best served fresh but the filling can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. Fill the tortillas just before serving.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!