If youre a fan of rich Mediterranean flavors, youll love this beautiful Melanzane.
What You Need:
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 sprigs thyme
8 sage leaves, finely chopped
10 cups chopped tomatoes
3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
4 large eggplants, sliced lengthways as thinly as possible
1 cup vegan cheese, grated
½ cup white breadcrumbs
⅓ cup pine nuts
10 whole basil leaves
What You Do:
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Into a large pan, heat oil and add garlic, thyme, and sage, and cook approximately 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, vinegar, and sugar, and simmer approximately 25 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
3. While the mixture is simmering, heat a frying pan. Brush eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides and fry in batches until each slice is softened and slightly charred.
4. Mix ⅓ cup cheese with the breadcrumbs and pine nuts, and set side.
5. Into a large baking dish, add half of the tomato sauce and spread over the base. Top with a layer of eggplant.
6. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over eggplant, layer with remaining cheese and basil leaves, and another layer of eggplant. Repeat until you have a layer of tomato sauce and top with the breadcrumb mixture.
7. Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until the top is crisp and golden and the tomato sauce is bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes and top with basil.
Photo courtesy of Chris Shoebridge
Article source: http://vegnews.com/web/articles/page.do?pageId=10689&catId=2
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!