Cauliflower Cheese is comfort food at its best and this keto version is one of the tastiest I’ve ever had. Topped with a speedy low carb crumb and fresh thyme gives it a special extra twist that’s sure to please.
Serve with your favourite side of protein or as an accompaniment with Sunday lunch. Roasting the cauliflower first makes it extra tasty. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||22||grams|
|Magnesium||83||mg (21% RDA)|
|Potassium||638||mg (32% EMR)|
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (11%), fat (84%)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
Keto Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 4 tbsp butter (56 g/ 2 oz)
- ½ cup cream cheese (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 1 cup cheddar (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 – 4 tbsp water (30-60 ml)
Note: This is 2 batches of the Keto Cheese Sauce, about 2 cups.
- ¼ cup flax meal (38 g/ 1.3 oz)
- ⅓ cup almond flour (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- ⅓ cup walnuts, crushed (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
- leaves from 3 sprigs of thyme
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar (38 g/ 1.3 oz)
- 1 tbsp butter (14 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 ml)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 355 F (fan assisted). Chop the cauliflower florets into chunks.
- Place on a baking tray with 2 tbsp of olive oil, paprika and salt. Roast for 35 – 40 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the Keto Cheese Sauce by following instructions here. (it’s a double batch). Prepare the topping by mixing the flax meal, ground almonds, walnuts, thyme and ¾ of the cheddar (keep a little back to sprinkle on top) together in a bowl. Rub with the butter to form a crumb.
- Place the cauliflower in an oven proof dish. Top with the prepared Keto Cheese Sauce, then flax topping mix, remaining cheddar and drizzle over 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until the topping is golden.
- Top with a little fresh thyme to serve. For best results, eat on the day or store in fridge for up to 3 days.
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!