When you are in the mood for lasagna or eggplant parmesan, this is the perfect recipe to prepare. It is stuffed with yummy ricotta and mozzarella cheese and covered in diced tomatoes. It works great as a side dish or main course and you can easily add ground beef to get in some extra protein.
Dukan Diet Eggplant Rollatini Dukan Phases: Cruise Phase, Consolidation Phase, Stabilization Phase Servings: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 recipe Nutritional Info: 147 calories, .2 g of fat, 30 g carbohydrates, 3.7 g dietary fiber, 28.8 g of protein
1 large eggplant
16 oz fat free ricotta cheese
4 oz fat free mozzarella cheese
1/2 can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lay eggplant on a baking sheet sprayed with a non-stick spray; place into a 350°F oven for 10 minutes and then turn eggplant. Cook other side till lightly browned. Cooking times will vary with each oven.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta, mozzarella, 1/2 the diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
3. Add about 2 tbsp of the cheese mixture onto each piece of eggplant and roll. Place in a baking dish and cover with additional diced tomatoes. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble on the sides.
This easy-to-prepare, flavorful and nutritious casserole dish is great to be served as lunch or dinner, especially if you are on The Zone diet, with 4 Zone Blocks for each serving.
Eggplants (a.k.a. aubergines) are an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamins B1, B6, potassium, as well as minerals such as copper, magnesium and manganese. They are also rich in antioxidants, specifically nasunin that is found in its purple colour skin.
Black beans are also prized for their high protein and fiber content, as well as a few key vitamins and minerals which are good for our health. Adding them in a casserole dish is one of the great ways to incorporate black beans into your diet. Make sure to wash and soak dried black beans for about 8 to 10 hours before cooking to reduce the cooking time. If you opt to use canned black beans, remember to drain and rinse them before cooking.
Turkey Eggplant Black Bean Casserole (for The Zone Diet) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 2 servings (Each serving: 4 Zone Blocks)
1 1/2 tsps olive oil (4.5 F)
50 g onion (chopped) (0.5 C)
1 clove garlic (minced)
190 g lean ground turkey breast (6.5 P, 1.5 F)
150 g eggplant (diced) (1 C)
115 g tomato (diced) (0.5 C)
150 g red bell pepper (diced) (1C)
1/2 cup (86 g) cooked black bean (2 C, 1P)
38 g seasoned dried bread crumbs (3 C)
1/2 tsp dried basil
10 g grated Parmesan (0.5 P, 2 F)
Preheat oven to 355°F/180°C.
Preheat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
Add in chopped onion and garlic and cook until onion is softened.
Add in ground turkey and cook until lightly browned.
Add in eggplant, tomato, bell pepper, cook until heated through, stirring in between.
Add in black bean, bread crumbs and dried basil, mix until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to a lightly coated 9″ x 5″ casserole dish and cover with aluminium foil.
Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until the ingredients are tender.
Remove the foil and top with grated cheese.
Bake again at 390°F/200°C for 10 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned.
As the cold weather continues to come in, I find myself eating more and more soup. This broccoli soup with cheddar cheese is a great and warm soup that will fill you up and works for any protein and veggie day. It tastes delicious and seems much more indulgent than it really is.
Dukan Diet Broccoli Soup Dukan Phases: Cruise Phase, Consolidation Phase, Stabilization Phase Servings: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup Nutritional Info: 61.6 calories, 3.5 g of fat, 3 g carbohydrates, 1.3 g dietary fiber, 5.8 g of protein
2.5 pounds broccoli, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 cups chicken broth
3 oz sharp low fat cheddar, grated
1 1/2 oz parmesan, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large pot sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat add the broccoli, onion, garlic, mustard powder, cayenne, and about 1 tsp salt. Cook for about 5 minutes until the broccoli becomes fragrant.
2. Add 1 cup of chicken broth and the baking soda and bring to a simmer. Cook until the broccoli is soft and tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Add remaining broth broth and bring the soup to a simmer. Add the cheese and then blend using an immersion blender or carefully in a regular blender. Season with salt and pepper.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.