This simple Zucchini Roll-Up recipe makes a great side or snack with kid-friendly delivery of grownup taste profiles and healthy ingredients.
Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups
3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
1 tablespoon olive oil
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Discard the outermost slices of zucchini and brush the rest of the slices with the oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated grill or grill pan for about 4 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, basil and lemon juice, mashing with a fork.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2-inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Roll up and place on a platter. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices.
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/grilled-zucchini-roll-ups/
These mushrooms look professional, but are incredibly simple to prep and make and full of fresh flavor. Change up the mushrooms and cheese for a different spin.
Simple Stuffed Mushrooms
- Author:Oh My Veggies
- Prep Time:15 min
- Cook Time:30 min
- Total Time:45 minutes
- Yield:4 servings
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
1 1/3 cups pitted black olives, chopped
1 large egg, beaten
3 cups grated mozzarella
small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
12 large chestnut mushrooms, brushed clean
1/4 cup olive oil
kosher salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F.
- Stir together the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, egg, mozzarella, and seasoning in a mixing bowl.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and spoon the mozzarella filling into them.
- Arrange in a roasting dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden-brown and tender. Season with black pepper before serving.
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/simple-stuffed-mushrooms/
This grilled pear and Arugula salad is a fresh, springy salad that zings your tastebuds and finishes with a sweet surprise. You can also grill up the pears by themselves as a fantastic side dish!
Grilled Pear and Arugula Salad
4 cups arugula
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup shaved radish
1/4 cup shaved English cucumber
1/4 cup walnut oil
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
Kosher salt, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large pears, cored and quartered
- Preheat grill to high.
- Add arugula, cilantro, radish, cucumber, walnut oil, vinegar, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Toss until well coated.
- Spread olive oil mixture on all surfaces of the pears. Place the pears on the grill and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear. Gently flip the pears over and grill another 1 to 2 minutes, or again until grill marks appear. Remove from heat.
- Arrange equal amounts of grilled pear between individual plates, add salad to the center of each plate and serve.
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/grilled-pear-and-arugula-salad/
Easy, cozy, and absolutely delicious! This simple herbed mushroom potato bake will wow guests or serve as a hearty dish for your family dinners.
Herbed Mushroom Potato Bake
3 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
6 cups brown mushrooms, e. g. baby bella, chestnut, brushed clean and sliced
3 cups potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
3 – 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) | 375°F | gas 5. Grease an oval baking dish with 1 tbsp of the softened butter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan set over a moderate heat. Add the garlic to the oil and sauté for 20 seconds before adding the mushrooms and a generous pinch of salt.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring and tossing from time to time, until the mushrooms are lightly colored and tender to the bite. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside to cool.
- Blanch the potato slices in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain well and leave to cool briefly.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the base of the baking dish before topping with the potato. Generously dot the top with the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden-brown on top. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving with a garnish of chopped parsley on top. (Can substitute chives if you wish)
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/herbed-mushroom-potato-bake/
A simple but tasty veggie side that will please adults and kids, too. Just a few ingredients, but it packs a crunchy taste punch! Recipe and photos contributed to Oh My Veggies Potluck by Jenn Sebestyen.
Easy Green Bean Broccoli Stir Fry
An easy vegetable side dish for any night of the week. Just a few ingredients, tons of flavor and nutrients! Serve it as a side or over pasta or rice.
- Author:Jenn Sebestyen
- Prep Time:10
- Cook Time:15
- Total Time:25
1 tbsp olive oil (or 1/4 cup veggie broth or water for an oil free option)
1/4 red onion (sliced)
1 average head broccoli (chopped into florets)
1 lb green beans (halved)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
2 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
juice from 1/2 lime
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté 3-4 minutes to soften.
Add the green beans and broccoli. Stir. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook 7-8 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger, and coconut aminos. Sauté another 2 minutes, uncovered.
Add the lime juice and sesame seeds just before serving.
- Serving Size:1/4
- Saturated Fat:1
- Unsaturated Fat:4
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/easy-green-bean-broccoli-stir-fry/