Easy, cozy, and absolutely delicious! This simple herbed mushroom potato bake will wow guests or serve as a hearty dish for your family dinners.
Herbed Mushroom Potato Bake
3 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
6 cups brown mushrooms, e. g. baby bella, chestnut, brushed clean and sliced
3 cups potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
3 – 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) | 375°F | gas 5. Grease an oval baking dish with 1 tbsp of the softened butter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan set over a moderate heat. Add the garlic to the oil and sauté for 20 seconds before adding the mushrooms and a generous pinch of salt.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring and tossing from time to time, until the mushrooms are lightly colored and tender to the bite. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside to cool.
- Blanch the potato slices in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain well and leave to cool briefly.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the base of the baking dish before topping with the potato. Generously dot the top with the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden-brown on top. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving with a garnish of chopped parsley on top. (Can substitute chives if you wish)
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/herbed-mushroom-potato-bake/
Melt 1 T butter over medium heat.
Stir in 1 T powdered stevia & 1 1/2 t lemon juice.
Then add 1 medium tart apple that’s been cored and cut into rings or slices.
Reduce heat and cover. Simmer 10-15 minutes, turning frequently.
Article source: https://hcgdiet.com/hcg-approved-phase-3-fried-apples/
These vegan banana waffles are made with whole grains and extra ripe bananas for a sweet treat that tastes like banana bread, in waffle form! Recipe and photos contributed to Oh My Veggies Potluck by connoisseurus veg.
Vegan Banana Bread Waffles
These vegan banana waffles are made with whole grains and extra ripe bananas for a sweet treat that tastes like banana bread, in waffle form!
- Prep Time:5
- Cook Time:10
- Total Time:15 minutes
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 1/4 cups non-dairy milk of choice
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In large mixing bowl, mix bananas, milk, oil and vanilla. Add in dry ingredients and mix until blended.
Drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter (adjust if necessary, based on waffle iron size) into waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/vegan-banana-bread-waffles/
If not being a morning person is standing between you and your healthy eating goals, then these Grab-and-go High-Protein Veggie Egg Cups, may be your new BFF! Rub the sleep outta those eyes, my friend, and grab a couple of these on your way out the door. You’ll get 17 grams of low-carb, veggie heavy, hunger-busting protein to start your day right! Recipe and photos contributed to Oh My Veggies Potluck by Healthy Seasonal Recipes
Grab And Go Veggie Egg Cups
If not being a morning person is standing between you and your healthy eating goals, then these Grab-and-go High-Protein Veggie Egg Cups, may be your new BFF!
- Prep Time:10 min
- Cook Time:20 min
- Total Time:30 minutes
- Yield:6 servings
- Cooking spray or ghee
- 3 cups low-carb chopped vegetables, such as kale, scallions, broccoli and peppers
- ½ cup water
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1 cup, such as Hannaford Vermont Cheddar
- 11 large eggs such as Nature’s Place Cage-Free Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or brush with Ghee.
- Place veggies and water in a medium saucepan. Cover and set over high heat. Cook 4 minutes. Remove from heat and drain the vegetables in a sieve.
- Divide the vegetables evenly among the muffin tin wells. Top with cheddar cheese. Whisk eggs, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large measuring cup. Carefully pour over the vegetables and cheddar, dividing evenly among the cups.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the eggs are puffed in the center, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Refrigerate up to 4 days. Reheat until steaming hot or enjoy cold.
- Serving Size:2 cups
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/grab-and-go-veggie-egg-cups/
These easy Mexican Stuffed Zucchini make a balanced dinner with whole grains, vegetables & plant protein! Top with avocado & cashew cheese for more flavor. Recipe and photos contributed to Oh My Veggies Potluck by Emilie Eats.
Mexican Stuffed Zucchini
These easy Mexican Stuffed Zucchini make a balanced dinner with whole grains, vegetables & plant protein! Top with avocado & cashew cheese for more flavor.
- Author: Emilie
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 package Hodgson Mill Sorghum, Quinoa & Brown Rice – Chipotle
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn, canned or frozen
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Toppings: vegan cashew cheese, sliced black olives, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop the hard ends off the zucchini. Slice each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of each half, leaving them about ½-inch thick. Set aside the scooped out zucchini. Place the zucchini halves in a 9×13 casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes, then set aside.
- Cook sorghum mixture according to package directions.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat; add a little oil or water. Finely chop the reserved zucchini that you scooped out; add to skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add black beans, corn, salsa and spinach; stir. Cook until corn is cooked through (if frozen), about 5-7 minutes. Add cooked sorghum mixture; stir to combine evenly.
- Scoop filling mixture into each zucchini half. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until zucchini is tender.
- Top with avocado, chopped cilantro, and other desired toppings.
You will have leftover filling after stuffing the zucchini. I like to save the leftovers to serve over greens for an easy lunch!
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/mexican-stuffed-zucchini/
NO BAKE LEMON CHEESECAKE
Sprinkle 1 packet unflavored gelatin onto 1/2 C fresh lemon juice (juice of 3 large lemons). Let sit for 5 minutes. Heat the mixture until warm to touch.
Beat 24 oz soft cream cheese, 2 1/2 C powdered stevia & 1 t vanilla until smooth.
Beat in gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Mix in 5 t lemon zest and 1 or more drops of yellow food coloring. Beat until fluffy.
Gently fold in 1 C whipped heavy cream.
Pour in pie plate and chill for 5-6 hours.
Article source: https://hcgdiet.com/hcg-approved-phase-3-no-bake-lemon-cheesecake/
1 large zucchini or cauliflower, shredded
2 C shredded cheese
Mix all ingredients well and make 6-8″ circles on a seasoned pizza stone or greased baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 12 minutes.
Loosen and flip. Bake another 5 minutes.
Using a pizza cutter, cut into triangles.
Let cool for 6-8 hours.
Use within 1 week.
Article source: https://hcgdiet.com/hcg-approved-phase-3-zucchini-chips/
A simple but tasty veggie side that will please adults and kids, too. Just a few ingredients, but it packs a crunchy taste punch! Recipe and photos contributed to Oh My Veggies Potluck by Jenn Sebestyen.
Easy Green Bean Broccoli Stir Fry
An easy vegetable side dish for any night of the week. Just a few ingredients, tons of flavor and nutrients! Serve it as a side or over pasta or rice.
- Author:Jenn Sebestyen
- Prep Time:10
- Cook Time:15
- Total Time:25
1 tbsp olive oil (or 1/4 cup veggie broth or water for an oil free option)
1/4 red onion (sliced)
1 average head broccoli (chopped into florets)
1 lb green beans (halved)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
2 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
juice from 1/2 lime
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté 3-4 minutes to soften.
Add the green beans and broccoli. Stir. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook 7-8 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger, and coconut aminos. Sauté another 2 minutes, uncovered.
Add the lime juice and sesame seeds just before serving.
- Serving Size:1/4
- Saturated Fat:1
- Unsaturated Fat:4
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/easy-green-bean-broccoli-stir-fry/
PEANUT BUTTER MILKSHAKE
1 C skim milk
1 t vanilla
2 T powdered stevia
Blend well in blender.
Article source: https://hcgdiet.com/hcg-approved-phase-3-peanut-butter-milkshake/
HEALTHY COMFORT FOOD FOR THE WIN! Whohoo. No matter who you’re cheering for, if you’re looking for a tasty game day appetizer, this is the recipe for you. It could even double as a cozy Valentine’s Day meal in or I’m-so-sick-of-winter family pick-me-up. Not that you really need a reason anyway because, seriously, look at these plant-powered beauties! I posted this recipe to the app over the weekend and was thrilled to see so many of you run right to your kitchens to make them!
I have to say, I’ve had a pretty bad case of the winter blahs this month. I kicked off the new year feeling uninspired and was soon run down by a cold, random injury, rough parenting phase, and string of bad sleeps. Anyone else have a tough start to the new year? I’ll be welcoming February with WIDE OPEN ARMS and all the heart-eyed emojis this Thursday, I tell ya!
Not surprisingly, that low energy and lack of inspiration crossed over into dinnertime menu planning, so in a bid not to serve the same meal for the 15th time I came up with these nachos to change up our regular rotation. And I’m so glad I did—they were a huge hit! I also love that the All-Purpose Vegan Cheese Sauce and Spicy Black Beans can be made in advance so the meal comes together fast.
Here’s a fun GIF showing how I built the nachos! Full disclosure: I went light on the cheese sauce for these photos, but just know that in real life I’m dumping that stuff on!!
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
For the cooked toppings:
For the fresh toppings:
- 1 bag tortilla chips of choice
- 1 medium (240 g) avocado (pitted and chopped) or guacamole***
- 2 medium (20 g) green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (45 to 60 mL) pickled jalapeños, drained****
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped jarred roasted red pepper, drained
- 1/4 cup (20 g) finely chopped purple cabbage
- Handful (12 g) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salsa, to taste*****
- Begin preparing the All-Purpose Vegan Cheese Sauce by soaking 1/4 cup cashews in a small bowl of boiling water for at least 30 to 60 minutes.
- Prepare the All-Purpose Vegan Cheese Sauce. While you’re making the cheese sauce, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a medium rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set the cheese sauce aside once prepared.
- Spread the chopped sweet potato onto the parchment-lined roasting pan and toss with the oil. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and chili powder. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly charred.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the Spicy Black Beans found in my DIY Burrito Bowl recipe (linked in ingredient list). After cooking, leave the beans in the skillet so you can reheat them just before layering onto the nachos.
- Gather and prep any fresh toppings you’d like to use so they’re ready to go. Please note my measurements are simply a guide. Feel free to add as much or as little of each as you wish!
- On a medium rimmed baking sheet or platter (if your sweet potatoes are finished roasting, feel free to set them aside and re-use the same sheet here), spread a layer of chips to cover the base entirely.
- For warm nachos, reheat the Spicy Black Beans in the skillet and the All-Purpose Vegan Cheese Sauce in your microwave or a small pot on the stovetop.
- Now it’s time to dress up those nacho chips! Layer the beans first before adding cheese sauce, roasted sweet potatoes, avocado (or guacamole, if using), green onion, pickled jalapeños, roasted red pepper, cabbage, cilantro, and salsa. Season with salt and serve immediately.
Article source: http://ohsheglows.com/2018/01/30/cheerful-vegan-nachos/