By: Suzanne Boothby
This hearty vegan stew replaces beef with chunky pieces of portobello mushrooms and sweet potatoes to satisfy even the hungriest of appetites. Green peas offer a source of vegetarian protein while fresh herbs like parsley, which is rich in both vitamin C and folate, and rosemary round out the dish and bring the flavor. Serve this on a cold, rainy night or make it to enjoy warm lunches throughout the week.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 jumbo Portobello mushroom caps or 1 package of baby bellas (about 4 cups), chopped, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large soup/stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes until they become soft. Add tomato paste and stir in.
- Add carrots, celery, mushrooms and a pinch of salt and sauté for another five minutes or so, until vegetables become softer.
- Add red wine vinegar, broth or water, sweet potatoes, peas, paprika and rosemary and bring to a boil uncovered. Then cover and let simmer on medium-low, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes.
- Check to see if potatoes and carrots are fork-tender. To thicken: blend 2 cups of the stew (broth and vegetables) in a high-speed blender for 30 seconds or so. Stir mixture back into the pot to thicken the stew. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste and let stew sit on the stove for a few more minutes on low-heat to let flavors combine.
- Serve warm in bowls.
Coconut oil – olive oil or vegan butter
Portobello mushroom – white button, shiitake or omit if you are allergic
Sweet Potato – butternut squash, white potato
Fresh Herbs – dried herbs (halve the amount as dried herbs are more potent)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes (1 hour or so)
Article source: https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/mushroom-not-beef-stew-recipe/
This recipe is quick and easy for a no nonsense meal that can be thrown together when you don’t have much time or when you just don’t feel like cooking much at all. Basically, you can throw all the ingredients into a food processor and poof, you have a burger! Best of all, black beans are a great source of vegetarian protein, fiber and potassium. If you prefer to enjoy these burgers egg-free you can add extra flaxseeds or make a chia or flax egg to help the recipe bind together.
- 1 14-oz can (400g) of black beans (BPA free), drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseeds
- 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian)
- 1 cup (120g ) of mushrooms, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 fresh garlic clove)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs (I used gluten free)
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds, and extra for coating
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Process in a food processer all the ingredients except for ½ of the black beans.
- Mix until it is combined well and the ingredients are all processed well
- Mix in the remaining whole black beans gently to combine well.
- Form 4-6 balls and roll in extra sesame seeds and form burger patties
- Using a non-toxic, non-stick pan, heat on moderate heat the oil then lightly fry the burgers for 5 minutes on each side or until the sesames are toasted lightly.
You can enjoy this burger on your favorite bun with fresh tomato, avocado, pickles, beets, cucumber, spinach, onions or anything else you enjoy, or on a bed of salad.
Black beans – red kidney beans, chickpeas, butter beans, cannoli beans
Worcestershire sauce – tamari or omit
Sesame seeds – Bread crumbs
Bread crumbs – almond meal, sesame seeds
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.
Article source: https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/black-bean-mushroom-burgers-recipe/
Tender, juicy chicken breasts baked to excellence with potatoes and broccoli. All cooked on a single pan! EASY!With the many, lots of chicken thigh...
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.