This five-ingredient pulled jackfruit makes for a saucy, smoky, delicious start to summer.
What You Need:
2 (14-ounce) cans young jackfruit, drained and rinsed
4 cups vegetable broth
1 small pineapple
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups barbecue sauce
4 hamburger buns
Shredded green or red cabbage
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
What You Do:
1. Into a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil and reduce to a low simmer. Add jackfruit to the broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. While jackfruit is simmering, remove skin from pineaple and slice 3 round, ½-inch-thick pieces of pineapple. Brush grill pan or skillet with oil and warm over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the pineapple and grill for approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until seared and caramelized. Coarsely chop pineapple and set aside.
3. Drain jackfruit and shred with a fork or pulse in a food processor about six to ten times to reach a pulled meat consistency.
4. Into a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring barbecue sauce to a boil, and add jackfruit and pineapple. Stir to combine and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Put the barbecue jackfruit on the hamburger bun and top with the shredded cabbage.
Photo courtesy of Page Street Publishing
Article source: http://vegnews.com/web/articles/page.do?pageId=11352&catId=2
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!