This hearty vegan stew replaces beef with chunky pieces of portobello mushrooms and sweet potatoes to satisfy even the hungriest of appetites. Green peas offer a source of vegetarian protein while fresh herbs like parsley, which is rich in both vitamin C and folate, and rosemary round out the dish and bring the flavor. Serve this on a cold, rainy night or make it to enjoy warm lunches throughout the week.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 jumbo Portobello mushroom caps or 1 package of baby bellas (about 4 cups), chopped, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large soup/stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes until they become soft. Add tomato paste and stir in.
- Add carrots, celery, mushrooms and a pinch of salt and sauté for another five minutes or so, until vegetables become softer.
- Add red wine vinegar, broth or water, sweet potatoes, peas, paprika and rosemary and bring to a boil uncovered. Then cover and let simmer on medium-low, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes.
- Check to see if potatoes and carrots are fork-tender. To thicken: blend 2 cups of the stew (broth and vegetables) in a high-speed blender for 30 seconds or so. Stir mixture back into the pot to thicken the stew. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste and let stew sit on the stove for a few more minutes on low-heat to let flavors combine.
- Serve warm in bowls.
Coconut oil – olive oil or vegan butter
Portobello mushroom – white button, shiitake or omit if you are allergic
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Sweet Potato – butternut squash, white potato
Fresh Herbs – dried herbs (halve the amount as dried herbs are more potent)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes (1 hour or so)
- Nutrition per serving:
Article source: https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/mushroom-not-beef-stew-recipe/
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!