My easy, vegan Mushroom and Summer Squash Risotto, makes a lovey warm weather dish. Constant stirring is not required, making this a perfect risotto to prepare for a quick weeknight meal.
Summer squash stands in well for the cheese adding color, texture and moisture. Just chop up a few key ingredients, give it an occasional stir and it’s ready to serve! Yum!
Mushroom and Summer Squash Risotto
By Laura Theodore
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Makes 2 to 3 servings
2⁄3 cup diced onion
8 ounces cremini or white button mushrooms, chopped
3 cups filtered or spring water, plus more as needed
1 vegan bouillon cube, crumbled
1 cup Arborio rice
½ cup peeled and diced yellow summer squash
Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, for garnish
1. Put the onion, mushrooms, 1⁄2 cup water and crumbled bouillon cube into a medium-sized saucepan.
2. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes, or until soft. Add more water, 2 tablespoons at a time, if needed, to prevent sticking.
3. Decrease the heat to medium-low (or low) and add 1 cup of the water to the onion-mushroom mixture. Stir in the rice, cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the water is almost absorbed.
4. Stir the risotto thoroughly; add 1 more cup of water, cover and cook for 8 to 10 more minutes, or until the water is almost completely absorbed.
5. Cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Serve.
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!