Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballsare an enjoyable twist on the timeless dish– serve these meatballs as a party appetizer or over a big plate of spaghetti for a hearty meal!
It’s Sara from Supper at the Zoo and today I’m bringing you these surprisingly tasty mozzarella packed meatballs. Spaghetti and meatballs is among the couple of meals that all three of my kids will eat, so it’s on a regular rotation at my house. While you definitely can’t fail with the traditional variation of meatballs and spaghetti, you can definitely update the initial, which I’ve done here by stuffing each meatball with mozzarella cheese. It’s an unforeseen surprise to bite into a meatball and discover the cheesy filling!
I make these meatballs with lean hamburger. I usually utilize the 90% lean ground beef, although ground turkey would also work well. The meat is combined with breadcrumbs, egg and seasonings and then twisted around cubes of mozzarella cheese. I prefer to make these meatballs on the bigger size, about 2 inches in diameter. Simply cut your cheese into smaller cubes and take a couple of minutes off the cook time if you ‘d like to go smaller on the meatballs. I like to broil my meatballs; it utilizes way less oil than cooking meatballs in a pan and you can prepare large batches at a time. I often make a double batch of these meatballs and freeze half the prepared meatballs for a later date. I normally use a high quality rattled marinara sauce on top of my meatballs, however you might absolutely make your own sauce if you choose.
You can serve these meatballs as an appetiser, with spaghetti, or as a pizza topping, and they likewise make an incredible meatball sub sandwich. No matter how you serve them, these meatballs are sure to be a hit!
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Dish type:Main Dish, Appetiser
- 1 and 1/2 pounds ground beef (85-90% lean).
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 1 egg.
- 2 tablespoons water.
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 3 cups marinara sauce (homemade or store bought), warmed.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley.
- cooking spray.
- Pre-heat the broiler. Line a. sheet pan. with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the beef, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, egg and water in. a bowl. ; mix till completely combined. You might need to include more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to get a smooth mix.
- Take around 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture and roll it into a ball. Press a cube of cheese into the ball of meat, ensuring that the meat entirely surrounds the cheese. Location the meatball on the sheet pan and repeat with staying meat and cheese.
- Spray the tops of the meatballs with cooking spray. Broil for 10 minutes or till meatballs are just done – do not overcook or the cheese filling might begin to spill out.
- Place the meatballs on a plate and pour the marinara sauce over the leading, Sprinkle with parsley and serve instantly.
Desire to make this even much easier? Here are a few items that I ENJOY:.
-. Nordic Wave Baking Sheet.
-. Finedine Mixing Bowls.
-. The Dish Critic Apron.
Other recipes you might like from Dinner at the Zoo:.
Article source: http://therecipecritic.com/2016/12/mozzarella-stuffed-meatballs/
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!