Microwave Pumpkin Custard is the perfect way to indulge in a pumpkin dessert without having to even turn on the oven. It’s tastes just like pumpkin pie filling but is made with just a few ingredients in your microwave for a guilt-free, delicious treat.
Before we all put pumpkin season behind us, I wanted to share one more quick and easy dessert that we eat actually eat all year long for dessert and sometimes even for breakfast. It is quick, easy, and full of healthy protein, fiber, and beta-carotene, not to mention easily made with things I always have on hand. So what is this magical dessert? Microwave pumpkin custard – basically a creamy, delicious baked pumpkin pie filling all made in 3 minutes in your microwave. Yum.
Now while I really love this custard on its own, it’s even better when you get creative with the toppings. My go-to is vanilla frozen yogurt since to me pumpkin pie is best with some ice cream on top. Whipped cream is a close second. When I have this for breakfast, usually I top it with vanilla yogurt, Siggi’s is the brand I use most often since it has less sugar than most yogurts out there. I will also drizzle on some melted nut butter or sprinkle some walnuts on top. When I am craving chocolate, I add a few chocolate dips right into the custard so they get melty and delicious. I have also heard from readers that they enjoy it with graham cracker or cookie pieces to mimic a traditional crust.
Tips for Making this Microwave Pumpkin Custard:
- Every microwave is different so you may need to experiment with this recipe a few times to find out exactly how long it takes in your microwave. Generally it will take anywhere from 2.5-3.5 minutes to firm up.
- If you prefer using egg whites, you can substitute the whole egg for two egg whites.
- Choosing a sweetener for this recipe depends on your needs and preferences. Stevia will give you the lowest calorie option but some people may prefer the flavor of maple syrup or brown sugar. You also may need to adjust the level of sweetness depending on what you like. Since I normally top mine with something sweet like frozen yogurt or whipped cream, I find I don’t need as much sweetnesss in the actual recipe.
- This can be cooked in a mug, bowl, or ramekin – really anything that is microwave safe. Just make sure to spray it first, or use parchment paper, since it will stick to the sides.
Looking for more healthy pumpkin recipes?
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Here are some of the products I used in this recipe:
- If you are looking at this recipe and it’s a time of year it’s hard to find pumpkin puree, look online, where you can purchase it year round and usually at a very competitive price.
This post first appeared back in 2012 but has been updated with new photos, a video, and ideas.
Article source: https://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/microwave-pumpkin-custard
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!