These easy Mexican Stuffed Zucchini make a balanced dinner with whole grains, vegetables & plant protein! Top with avocado & cashew cheese for more flavor. Recipe and photos contributed to Oh My Veggies Potluck by Emilie Eats.
Mexican Stuffed Zucchini
These easy Mexican Stuffed Zucchini make a balanced dinner with whole grains, vegetables & plant protein! Top with avocado & cashew cheese for more flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 package Hodgson Mill Sorghum, Quinoa & Brown Rice – Chipotle
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn, canned or frozen
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Toppings: vegan cashew cheese, sliced black olives, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop the hard ends off the zucchini. Slice each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of each half, leaving them about ½-inch thick. Set aside the scooped out zucchini. Place the zucchini halves in a 9×13 casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes, then set aside.
- Cook sorghum mixture according to package directions.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat; add a little oil or water. Finely chop the reserved zucchini that you scooped out; add to skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add black beans, corn, salsa and spinach; stir. Cook until corn is cooked through (if frozen), about 5-7 minutes. Add cooked sorghum mixture; stir to combine evenly.
- Scoop filling mixture into each zucchini half. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until zucchini is tender.
- Top with avocado, chopped cilantro, and other desired toppings.
You will have leftover filling after stuffing the zucchini. I like to save the leftovers to serve over greens for an easy lunch!
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/mexican-stuffed-zucchini/
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!