My healthy low carb take on a flavourful fried rice. Nasi Goreng simply means ‘fried rice’ but over at Keto Diet App we like to do things a little different so we’ve kept the carbs low, ditched all the preservatives and brought you a speedy weeknight dinner that’s packed full of flavour, nutrients and next to no washing up! Bonus!
This one’s vegetarian but feel free to add some cooked prawns, pulled chicken or pork if you prefer.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||11.6||grams|
|Magnesium||56||mg (14% RDA)|
|Potassium||643||mg (32% EMR)|
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (10%), protein (13%), fat (77%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 small cauliflower, florets only (450 g/ 1 lb)
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (30 ml)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (40 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small carrot, chopped fine into matchsticks (60 g/ 2.2 oz)
- ⅔ cup shredded savoy cabbage (47 g/ 1.6 oz)
- ½ cup sliced red pepper (46 g/ 1.6 oz)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp ghee or virgin coconut oil (15 ml)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ cup sugar snap peas, finely sliced (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- ½ cup finely sliced cucumber (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- handful of blanched almonds (28 g/ 1 oz)
- lime wedges
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Sriracha hot sauce for topping (you can make your own)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 355 F (fan assisted). Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Peel and finely slice the vegetables into matchsticks. Blitz the cauliflower florets in a high speed food processor until they resemble a rice consistency.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry on a low-medium heat for 3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and fry for another minute. Add the carrot and cabbage and fry for a further 1 to 2 minutes until el dente.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of coconut oil to the vegetables and stir fry the cauliflower rice altogether for a further 3 to 4 minutes. Stir through the dressing.
- Place the almonds on a baking tray and roast for 5 to 6 minutes until golden. Fry the eggs in a little oil to your liking.
- Place the cauliflower Nasi Goreng into bowls and top with sugar snap peas, cucumber, coriander, almonds and fried egg. Option to add chilli sauce, black pepper and an extra squeeze of lime. Best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in the fridge for 1 day.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!