Move over scrambled eggs, there’s new eggs in town and they’re causing a stir! Don’t get me wrong, I love a good simple scramble but sometimes it’s good to shake things up a bit right guys? Ready in just 15 minutes this Keto Tex Mex Migas is one of the tastiest easy egg breakfasts there is. Just make sure to have some keto tortilla chips and you are good to go!
The crunch from the low carb nachos against the fluffy, flavoursome eggs really makes it the king of breakfasts. I love to serve this one for brunch on a Sunday. It’s great one for sharing.
Feel free to add avocado and hot sauce to serve, this makes it extra tasty. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||12.6||grams|
|Magnesium||80||mg (20% RDA)|
|Potassium||527||mg (26% EMR)|
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (21%), fat (72%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2 heaped tbsp ghee or butter (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 3 regular 8-inch Keto Tortillas (105 g/ 3.7 oz) – will take an additional hour to prepare, can be made in advance
- 1 large red pepper, chopped (164 g/ 5.8 oz)
- 1 small brown onion, chopped (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (14 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (57 g/ 2 oz)
- ¼ tsp sea salt or to taste
- ¼ cracked black pepper
- 2 small spring onions, sliced (10 g/ 0.4 oz)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce (15 ml) – you can make your own
- 1 tbsp lime juice (15 ml)
- 1 large avocado, sliced (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 355 F (fan assisted). Prepare and bake the keto tortilla chips if you don’t have any. The tortilla chips can be made in advance and kept in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl and add ¼ cup of grated cheese (half of the total amount).
- Heat the ghee or butter in a non-stick frying pan on a low-medium heat. Add the chopped peppers, onion and jalapeño. Fry for 3 – 4 minutes until the onions become translucent. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 further minutes. Add the garlic for 1 further minute. Add the eggs and cook to your liking.
- Place in the tortilla chips. Some wedged underneath and others round the side.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in in the over for 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and serve with chopped fresh cilantro and spring onion. Optionally, add avocado, lime, sriracha hot sauce and a sprinkling more of cracked black pepper.
Best served fresh but can be stored in the fridge for 1 day.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!