A classic and a favourite made keto-friendly. These Tandoori Chicken Kebabs are packed with flavour and nourishing spices. Grill, griddle or enjoy on the BBQ. And it’s a great keto recipe using turmeric so you can benefit from its anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-aging properties!
If you can leave to marinade overnight, it really enhances the flavour but of course if you’re in a rush you can just baste on the marinade and grill straight away. Who needs Indian take out when you can make a healthy, low carb alternative at home? Especially when you can easily make your own curry powder!
They are relatively high in protein so you may need to use a smaller chicken breasts depending on your macros. If your carb intake is ultra low, serve these tasty chicken kebabs with a bowl of dressed greens.
I hope you enjoy guys.
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 skewers)
|of which Saturated||4.3||grams|
|Magnesium||71||mg (18% RDA)|
|Potassium||936||mg (47% EMR)|
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (8%), protein (45%), fat (47%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings, 4 skewers)
- 2 medium chicken breasts (340 g/ 12 oz)
- 1 small zucchini (courgette), cut into ribbons (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 3 heaped tbsp full-fat Greek yoghurt (90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Chop the chicken into ~ 2 cm/ 1 inch cubes. Mix the garlic, chili and ginger in a pestle and mortar.
- Add to a bowl and mix with the lemon juice and zest, yoghurt, spices and seasoning.
- Add the marinade to the chicken and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight to enhance the flavour.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Make the zucchini ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Thread metal skewers with chicken, zucchini ribbons and red onion.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper, add the kebabs and grill for 20 – 25 minutes until crisp and cooked through. Turn every 5 – 10 minutes for even cooking. Ensure the tray isn’t too close to the top of the grill to prevent charring.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Optionally, serve with crispy greens, zucchini ribbons and pine nuts. These kebabs are best served fresh or can be stored in the fridge and enjoyed next day.
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!