Sometimes you just need a good bowl of comforting soup. This Roast Pumpkin Soup with a Chorizo Crumb has your winter cravings covered. Roasting the pumpkin and concentrating the stock first really makes this one of the tastiest soups ever.
And what soup would be complete without a little tasty topper? The fried chorizo makes this one of my favourite combinations ever. I like to use Hokkaido squash as it keeps the carbs low too.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 ½ cups/ 360 ml)
|of which Saturated||11.4||grams|
|Magnesium||41||mg (10% RDA)|
|Potassium||974||mg (49% EMR)|
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (14%), protein (20%), fat (66%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- yoghurt or creme fraiche
- sesame seeds
- sprinkling of fresh watercress, or herbs of choice
- Place the stock in a pan on a medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the stock reduces in volume to about half. Concentrating the stock in this way makes the soup super tasty.
- Slice the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and peel (unless you are using Hokkaido in which case you ca leave the peel on). Cut into cubes about 1 cm (½ inch) thick.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Gently fry the onion on a medium heat for 3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and fry together for 1 further minute.
- Add the chopped pumpkin, cumin, ginger, garam masala, paprika, salt and pepper to the onions and garlic and fry for 4 minutes on a medium-low heat.
- Add the concentrated stock to the vegetables and simmer on a medium heat for about 12 minutes. Place in a high-speed blender like a Vitamix and puree until smooth. Add a little more stock or water if needs be to reach your desired consistency.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo sausage. Finely dice the chorizo meat and fry on a medium heat in a dry non stick pan for about 5 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
- Ladle the pumpkin soup into bowls, top with the chorizo crumb and optionally, top with yoghurt, sesame seeds and watercress. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!