What Christmas dinner would be complete without a generous helping of stuffing? Traditional flavours of pork and sage but with festive hints of cranberry and macadamia. I’ve used macadamias instead of chestnuts to keep it low carb.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and really enjoy my ultimate Keto stuffing!
Hands-on , Overall
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||8.2||grams|
|Magnesium||40||mg (10% RDA)|
|Potassium||370||mg (19% EMR)|
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (18%), fat (75%)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or ghee (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp butter (14 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 1 Keto Bun or other keto bread (see suggestions below)
- 1 large brown onion (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 500 g good quality pork mince (1.1 lb)
- few leaves fresh sage leaves
- 6 thin-cut slices bacon (90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- zest from ½ organic lemon (1 tsp)
- ½ medium courgette, grated (110 g/ 3.9 oz)
- 35 g dried cranberries, without added sugar (1.2 oz)
- 50 g macadamia nuts (1.8 oz)
- ½ cup chicken stock or chicken broth or bone broth (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- good pinch of salt and pepper
Allergy-free keto bread alternatives:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 355 F (fan assisted). Peel and chop the onion into big chunks. Blitz in food processor until fine. Alternatively, chop fine by hand.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan and fry the onion of a low heat for 5 – 10 minutes until soft. Remove from the heat.
- Finely chop the sage leaves and 1 slice of bacon. Blitz 30 g of the Keto bread into breadcrumbs in a food processor. Chop the rest into small croutons about 1 cm (½ inch) in diameter.
- Grate the courgette and squeeze out the water using a muslin cloth or your hands
- Place the pork mince, chopped sage leaves, cooked onion, chopped 1 slice of bacon, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, grated courgette, most of the cranberries and macadamias (keep some for later) and season with salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
- Place the stuffing mix in a heat proof casserole dish. Press the Keto stuffing to the edges. Rub the butter into the croutons. Top the stuffing with the remaining croutons, cranberries and macadamia. Finally layer in strip the 5 slices of bacon.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, carefully remove from the oven, lift off the bacon, fluff the stuffing up with a fork. (Depending on the fat content of the pork you may choose to drain some, I used a leaner 10% fat and stirred didn’t drain the juices as this is what makes it taste so good.)
- Add the stock and fluff again. Place the bacon back on top and roast back in the oven for a further 20 minutes until golden on top. Enjoy or let it cool down and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!