Great news! We joined forces with yet another talented recipe developer and food photographer! I’d like to welcome Dearna Bond who will be creating healthy keto vegetarian and pescatarian recipes for our site. Let’s start with this cheesy veggie keto pizza!
Pizza is a definite crowd pleaser, and this grain-free green pesto version is always a winner when entertaining in our house!
The broccoli base makes a nice alternative to the more well-known cauliflower variety, and when topped with pesto and fresh basil makes a gorgeous green vision that not only tastes great but looks impressive too.
The below combination is our favorite for a quick bite to eat, but you could easily change it up to have a more traditional, tomato-based toppings if that’s your thing.
Nutritional values (per serving, ¼ pizza)
|of which Saturated||6.7||grams|
|Magnesium||61||mg (15% RDA)|
|Potassium||429||mg (21% EMR)|
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (10%), protein (16%), fat (74%)
Ingredients (makes 2 full servings or 4 sides)
- 1 medium broccoli, roughly chopped (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped (110 g/ 3.9 oz)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp almond flour (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
- 3 tbsp whole psyllium husks (12 g/ 0.4 oz)
- 2 extra large eggs or 3 small eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp green pesto (45 g/ 1.6 oz) – you can make your own
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (57 g/ 2 oz)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- Preheat oven to 200 C/ 390 F.
- Add broccoli, onion and garlic to food processor and pulse until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add remaining ingredients and pulse to combine, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Place a layer of parchment paper over the dough and use a rolling pin to roll it into a flat circle, roughly 1-1 ½ cm (½ inch) thick.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until it’s firm to touch and just starting to brown. Remove from the oven, and spread the pesto over the base, then top with the cheeses.
- Bake 8–10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the edges have browned. Serve topped with extra basil and drizzled with olive oil.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to five days, and reheat in the oven.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!