A couple of years ago, I was obsessed withÂ looking for THE perfect Blueberry Muffin recipe. I wasnâ€™t Vegan back then, and after making what seemed like 5000 different muffin recipes, I finally decided that Cooks Illustratedâ€™s Best Blueberry Muffins recipe wasâ€¦ well, the best one out there. Fast forward a couple of years, Iâ€™m now Vegan, no longer obsessed with Muffins, and 20 lbs heavier. Oh, and Iâ€™ve also veganized the Cooks Illustrated recipe which I used, to produce these Loaded Vegan Blueberry Muffins.
I love the recipe for these Loaded Vegan Blueberry Muffins because it incorporates Blueberries in 3 different ways. The original recipe calls for a Blueberry Jam to be made and then swirled into Blueberry studded muffins. I go one extra step by incorporating Lorann BlueberryÂ Emulsion OilÂ into the mix. You donâ€™t have to, but if you do, people will taste your muffins (giggle) and go â€śWow, these taste like f*cking Blueberry Muffins on f*cking Blueberry steroids!â€ť. Always a good thing.
The piĂ¨ce deÂ rĂ©sistance on these Vegan Blueberry Muffins is theÂ Lemon Zest/Sugar mixture that is dusted on before the muffins go into the oven. Mmmmâ€¦I can already feel the stretch marks forming on my ass already.
Scroll down for the full recipe for my Loaded Vegan Blueberry Muffins. Theyâ€™re simple to make, you probably have everything you need at home already, and theyâ€™re a guaranteed winner. Ciao x
Crazy Vegan Kitchen
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Fully loaded Vegan Blueberry Muffins with a lemon zest topping and homemade Blueberry Jam Swirl.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- Lemon Sugar Topping:
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons finely grated zest from 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries (for jam)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 1/8 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 Flax Eggs (see note)
- 1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Almond Milk “buttermilk” (see note)
- 11/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Few drops of Lorann Blueberry Emulsion Oil
- Stir together sugar and lemon zest in small bowl until combined; set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Spray standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with non stick muffin liners.
- Bring 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1 tablespoon sugar to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, mashing berries with spoon several times and stirring frequently, until berries have broken down and mixture is thickened and reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Transfer to small bowl and cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in large bowl.
- Whisk remaining 11/8 cups sugar, flax eggs, coconut oil and vegetable oil together in medium bowl until thick and homogeneous.
- Slowly whisk in Almond Milk buttermilk, Vanilla and Blueberry Emulsion Oil until combined.
- Using rubber spatula, fold dry mixture into wet mixture, along with 1/2 cup Frozen and 1/2 cup fresh blueberries until just moistened. (Batter will be very lumpy with few spots of dry flour; do not overmix.)
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups (batter should completely fill cups and mound slightly). Spoon teaspoon of cooked berry mixture into center of each mound of batter. Using chopstick or skewer, gently swirl berry filling into batter using figure-eight motion. Sprinkle lemon sugar evenly over muffins.
- Bake until muffin tops are golden and just firm, 17 to 19 minutes, rotating muffin tin from front to back halfway through baking time. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.
Notes & Other Shyt You Need To Know
To make Flax Eggs – For each egg needed, combine 1 tablespoon Golden Flaxseed Meal with 3 tablespoons Water, stir and let sit for 1 few minutes.
To make Almond Milk Buttermilk – Combine 1 cup Almond Milk with 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar. Whisk, and let sit for 10 minutes.
Article source: http://crazyvegankitchen.com/loaded-vegan-blueberry-muffins/
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!