Ketogenic diet has found a niche in mainstream dieting trend. It is now part of many dieting regimen, due to its observed side effect of promoting weight loss.
Quiche recipes are certainly not low fat, since most pastry crusts will contain a high degree of saturated fats. Additions can reduce the calorie content slightly. Instead of cream, it’s perfectly acceptable to use milk. Reduced fat cheese can also replace higher fat cheeses. This will lower the overall fat content of the quiche, but the dish will still not be “heart healthy. ” The taste, however, often is worth a few extra calories, as this deliciously rich dish rewards the palate, in any of its incarnations.
Quiche is not served cold. It is served after it has cooled slightly from the oven. Would you serve an omelet cold? No.
Quiche is one of those recipes specially reserved for brunching. Why we don’t eat it for regular old breakfast any day of the week is a mystery to me. It’s mix of humble ingredients combine for a deceptively grand appearance, and is truly a dish with an alter ego.
Is it a quiche? Is it a tart? Is it a pizza flavoured cheesecake? It’s all of those, and yet a dish all on its own.
I make this on a regular basis as a quick and impressive lunch or picnic plate. The crispy crust against the smooth and creamy filling is delicious and sturdy enough to eat with your hands if needs be. The ricotta and eggs bake together to create a creamy and luscious filling, flavoured with tomato, basil and cheese, hence the pizza cheesecake title.
Try it for yourself and let me know what you think it should be called. Enjoy!
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Nutritional values (per serving, slice)
|of which Saturated||7.5||grams|
|Magnesium||70||mg (18% RDA)|
|Potassium||292||mg (15% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (31%), fat (65%)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 1 batch of the Savoury Keto Pie Crust or Multipurpose Keto Pie Crust (vegetarian)
- 200 g ricotta cheese (7.1 oz)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (23 g/ 0.8 oz)
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream (30 ml)
- ½ tbsp arrowroot powder
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 6 leaves dark leaf kale (56 g/ 2 oz)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 100 g goat’s cheese (3.5 oz)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the Savoury Keto Pie Crust and use it to line one large or four individual tart pans.
- Preheat oven to 190 C/ F. Place ricotta, eggs, parmesan and salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the cream and arrowroot powder and mix until blended. Whisk into eggs mix.
- Cut stems off the kale and finely slice the leaves. Finely chop the fresh basil and add it, along with the kale, to the egg mixture.
- Stir through and then gently pour into the prepared tart shell.
- Crumble goat’s cheese over the top and then dot the tomato quarters throughout. Bake for 30 minutes until just set.
- Quiche will set further as it cools. Store leftovers in the tart pan, covered tightly with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!