I’ve always loved how cute corn dogs look but never favoured all the preservatives. Today I’m sharing my savoury keto version made with organic pork chipolatas and mature cheddar. They’re a bit like a sausage sandwich in a bite sized mini muffin kind of version!
I’ve made them bite sized as thought they’d be perfect for your Christmas buffet this year. Best enjoyed topped with a little onion chutney.
Nutritional values (per serving, 5 corn dogs)
|of which Saturated||8||grams|
|Magnesium||69||mg (17% RDA)|
|Potassium||307||mg (15% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (22%), fat (74%)
Ingredients (makes 30 corn dogs)
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Note: You can use gluten-free pork sausages or hot dog sausages (make sure to check the label for added flour and sugar).
- Preheat the oven 170 C/ 340 F (fan assisted). Place the sausages on a baking tray and part bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden.
- Grate the cheese. In another bowl, mix the almonds, psyllium husk, baking powder, salt and cheese together.
- Crack open 1 egg and add to a mixing bowl. Crack open and separate the remaining two eggs, adding the whites to the bowl and saving the other 2 yolks in a cup in the fridge to use at a later date. Whisk the eggs with the almond milk together using a hand whisk.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Melt the butter and add half if it to the bowl. Keep the remaining to baste the tops before cooking.
- Take your non stick mini muffin tin and spray each muffin case with olive oil to prevent sticking. Spoon 1 heaped teaspoon of batter to fill each mini muffin case and level to the top with a spatula.
- Cut the sausages in half and press half into each of the mini savoury Keto ‘corn’ dogs. Brush with the remaining butter and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and then gently loosen the edges with a knife and scoop out with a spoon. If you oiled the tin well enough they will slide out easily.
- Optionally, serve each with keto mustard, ketchup or BBQ sauce.
Best served warm straight from the oven. Option to keep in the fridge for 1 day and reheat.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Article source: https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2017/12/26/keto-corn-dogs
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!