Rectangular soft lavash wrappers are even easier to make sandwiches with than round wrapper breads — everything lines up so neatly, and they roll up so easily. Look for them in near your supermarket’s deli section — they’re often shelved near pita breads. Hummus holds everything together, and plenty of romaine lettuce plus fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and roasted red peppers means that your yummy sandwich is also a salad! Make this with black olive hummus for extra flavor. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Recipe type: Wraps
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Cuisine: Vegan / Healthy
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 to 4
- 2 fresh lavash breads
- ¾ to 1 cup hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce, or as desired
- 2 small flavorful tomatoes, sliced
- 12 or so slices cucumber
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and blotted dry, thinly sliced
- Place one lavash bread on a cutting board and spread evenly with hummus.
- Sprinkle half of the romaine over the hummus.
- Arrange tomato, cucumber, and red pepper slices down the center, more or less as shown in the photo.
- Start rolling from one of the longer sides; make sure to roll snugly.
- Repeat with the second lavash bread.
- Cut each lavash roll in half. Each half of a lavash wrap can be a serving with a larger meal, or serve both halves for a heartier helping.
- Make sure to hold the wraps up horizontally as you eat them, so that you don’t lose any of the filling!
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!