If you like spicy, saucy food, this dish is for you. And seeing as we will enter barbecuing season (at least in the Pacific Northwest!), it’s the ideal time for another a. grillable plant-based recipe. .
The inspiration for this recipe originated from Jamaican jerk chicken. It’s been so long since I have actually had that meal, but I’ve always been drawn to smoky, spicy, earthy foods. Jerk spices fits all of those classifications.
This dish requires.30 minutes from start to complete., and ideally you have all the components you need in your pantry today! If you’re missing a couple of spices, don’t sweat it. You’re good if you’re checking most the boxes!
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Eggplant is sliced into thick steaks and generously brushed with your jerk marinade, which is comprised of tamari, coconut sugar, fresh ginger, garlic, lime juice, chilies, onion, and a variety of spices like cinnamon, coriander, and cayenne.
The outcome is a sauce with BIG taste that soaks right into the eggplant prior to they’re grilled to perfection. Mmmm.
For serving, I opted for rice (you could also utilize. cauliflower rice. !). And I even worked up an unscripted dipping sauce for serving, which is entirely optional however includes another wave of taste I adore to this dish.
This would make the ideal plant-based dish for grilling this spring and summer. If you do not have a grill, don’t worry! I relied on my. grill pan which worked simply as well without all of the hassle of shooting up the grill.
This is a stunning side dish or appetiser, and it would pair specifically well with my. Velvety Kale Salad with Shallot & & Chickpeas . Garlicky Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas. Easy Vegan Potato Salad. Penne Pasta Salad. 1-Pot Chickpea Shakshuka. Grilled Corn & & Zucchini Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette or. Finest Vegan Gluten Free Cornbread.
- 1.tsp.ground cinnamon.
- 1.Tbsp.ground coriander.
- 1/4.tsp.all spice.
- 1/4.tsp.cayenne pepper.
- 1/2.tsp.each sea salt and black pepper.
- 2.Tablespoon.fresh thyme.
- 4.cloves.garlic, minced.( ~ 2 Tbsp minced garlic per 4 cloves).
- 1.Tbsp.fresh grated ginger.
- 3.Tbsp.lime juice.
- 1/4.cup.tamari or coconut aminos.( or soy sauce if not GF).
- 2-3.Tablespoon.coconut sugar or maple syrup.( plus more to taste).
- 2.Tablespoon. melted coconut oil. ( or grape seed or avocado oil// plus more for grilling).
- 3.stalks.green onions or scallions.( very finely sliced).
- 1.medium.serrano or habanero pepper.( very finely sliced// seeds eliminated).
- 1.big.eggplants.( or sub 2 small per 1 large).
- 1/4.cup.vegan BBQ sauce.( I like. Annie’s. ).
- 1.Tbsp.lime juice.
- 1.Tbsp.grape seed or olive oil.
- 1.Tbsp.coconut sugar or maple syrup.
- 1.tsp.fresh grated ginger.
- 1.pinch.each sea salt and black pepper.
- 1.stalk.green onion.( very finely sliced).
- 1.pinch.cayenne pepper.( optional).
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together cinnamon, coriander, all spice, cayenne, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, ginger, lime juice, tamari, coconut sugar, coconut oil, green onions or scallions, and serrano/ habanero pepper.
- Taste and change flavor as needed, adding more tamari for saltiness, lime juice for acidity, fresh herbs for earthy taste, coconut sugar for sweetness, pepper for heat, or garlic for bite/ zing.
- Slice eggplant vertically (lengthwise) into 1/2-inch-thick steaks and kindly brush both sides with the marinade.
- Warm up a grill or. grill pan. to medium-high heat and lightly oil/ grease to dissuade the eggplant from sticking. As soon as hot, add eggplant and grill on both sides until golden brown and grill marks are present – about 3-5 minutes each side.
- In the meantime, prepare sauce (optional!) by adding BARBEQUE sauce, lime juice, oil, coconut sugar/ maple syrup, ginger, salt, pepper, onion, and cayenne pepper to a little and blending to integrate. Taste and change taste as required, adding more lime for acidity, coconut sugar for sweetness, cayenne for heat, or salt for saltiness.
- Serve grilled eggplant as is or over rice, over. cauliflower rice or with sauce (optional), and garnish with fresh herbs, such as parsley or green onion. Best when fresh! Leftovers won’t be as excellent as fresh, however they will keep in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days.
* Dish loosely adjusted from the. New York City Times. .
* Nutrition info is a rough quote computed without sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 8 steaks).
- Fat:.3.9 g.
- Hydrogenated fat:.3.2 g.
- Carbohydrates:.9.4 g.
- Sugar:.5.5 g.
- Protein:.1.9 g.
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!