By: Isabel Smith, MS, RD, CDN
I love tasty desserts especially when they’re vegan, gluten free, warm, tasty and delicious. Add this vegan apple crumble to your holiday dessert recipe list because it’s a crowd pleaser and you can make it with only a few ingredients in your fridge. Additionally, apples are seasonal right now, which makes them both more nutritious and less expensive.
- 2 apples, chopped
- 10 pitted dates (small ones were used in this recipe)
- 1 Tbsp almond butter or cashew butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- ¾ cup of the apple paste
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4-1/3 cup (leftovers) apple paste
- 2 apples, sliced extra thin
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 8 x 4 pyrex dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the ingredients for the apple paste in the blender (apple, dates, cinnamon, almond butter) and blend until liquefied or until almost liquefied.
- In a separate bowl mix together the ¾ cup of the paste with the coconut flour and mix until it’s sticky and clumpy. It may feel a little dry, this is ok!
- Use ½ of the dough from #3 and press it into the bottom of the lined dish, set the other half aside.
- Layer the sliced apples on top of the dough in the bottom of the dish.
- Using your fingers, crumble the rest of the paste mixed with flour over the sliced apples, then sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then serve and enjoy!
If you’re not a fan of apples, you can substitute pears and/or peaches in this recipe.
You can also add different nuts as a topping as well.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.
Article source: https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/easy-vegan-apple-crumble-recipe/
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!