Skillet seared chicken breasts are covered in a jalape\u00f1o cheddar sauce for a simple, tasty supper that’s fantastic for a weeknight or for company!.
How was your July 4th weekend? We had an actually terrific one, full of sunshine and lots of swimming pool time with the kiddos. Even a bowling night, bike parade and some.fireworks crafts. Some really excellent all American fun!.
And now for today’s confession: I have an odd fascination with jalapeos. I can’t seem to stop planting them in my garden.
My first year, it’s due to the fact that I didn’t know any better. I bought 2 (or was it three?) jalapeo plants.
I figured, we like hot food, we’ll want to have great deals of jalapes.
Oh, ridiculous novice garden enthusiast.
A number of months later on, when I actually had about 30 jalaps coming in at a time, for weeks on end, I had to get innovative quick.
Jalapeo pepper jelly and some canning enjoyable. Stuffed jalapeo.Mississippi caviar.too..
I took bags complete of jalape\u00f1os to my kids’ preschool instructors and even passed some out to our veterinarian and mail carrier.
More Healthy Recipes & Diet Tips
Are You Ready To Learn Valuable Information That Will Help You Get Rid of Excess Belly Fat?
Inside each issue of the Belly Fat Free Newsletter, you will receive easy to understand information that will help you banish stubborn belly fat from your body for good. The Best Part Is... Our Newsletter Is Absolutely Free & All Information is Kept 100% Confidential!
Spreading out the jalapeo love!
I also made my 10-minute.jalapeo cream cheese dip.to eat as an appetiser with some chips. Trigger melty cheese and a spicy kick is a foolproof hit!
I also like keeping a few of my.easy fresh jalapeo relish.on hand for tacos, rice bowls, even eggs!
And here, I’ve added some chicken to make a quick and simple main dish.chicken jalapeo.meal that’s got simply a tip of spice and loads of creamy, cheesy sauce to coat every piece of completely cooked chicken.
Taste main my buddies!
How to make cheesy jalapeo.chicken:
— You scorch the experienced chicken breasts first and then remove them from the pan.
— Next,.saute.the onion and jalapeo and garlic. Stir in the chicken broth and cheese until it’s all melted and mixed..
— Return the chicken breasts to the pan, relying on get them covered in the sauce.
— Cover the pan and cook whatever until the sauce is thickened up and the chicken is perfectly juicy tender. Done!
This dish suffices for a weeknight, but scrumptious and outstanding adequate to make for company.
I love serving it over.steamed wild rice.to soak up all those tasty juices.
Cauliflower rice or quinoa would work too. Even mashed potatoes, grits or polenta would be a terrific pairing here.
Add your favorite vegetable and dinner is served!.
This year, I limited myself to just one jalapeo plant in my garden. So my overload will be somewhat more manageable.
Or so I hope …
In either case, I’ll be putting this chicken jalapeo frying pan supper on the weekly menu and not complaining one bit.
So whether you grow your jalapeo peppers, choose them up from a farmers market or snag a few at the supermarket, I hope you provide this cheesy chicken jalapeo dinner a shot.
It’s velvety, soothing, entirely complete of flavor and sure to be a hit.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided.
- 4 (5-6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder.
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin.
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced.
- 3 medium seeds, membranes and jalape\u00f1os eliminated, finely diced.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth.
- 4 oz. cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat).
- 1 loading cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a big frying pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with the salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Include to pan and sear for 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Get rid of chicken breasts from the frying pan to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. (They will finish cooking later.).
- Lower heat to medium and add remaining two teaspoons olive oil to pan.
- Add diced onion and jalape\u00f1o and cook, stirring sometimes, for 4-5 minutes, till softened. Add garlic and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Add chicken broth and cream cheese and stir up until melted. Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and stir till melted and mix is simmering.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, along with any collected juices, and turn to coat in the cheese sauce.
- Cover the pan, decrease the heat to medium-low and cook for 7-9 minutes, till chicken is prepared through. (It will depend upon how thick your chicken breasts are.) I like to spoon some of the sauce over the chicken breasts halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve chicken breasts with extra sauce spooned over the top, and take pleasure in!
We enjoy serving this with rice to absorb a few of that fantastic sauce. It would also be excellent with cauliflower rice, quinoa, polenta, even mashed potatoes.
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!