Not every treadmill in the market has to be bulky and large to be effective and the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is a clear testament to this. It doesn’t look like it belongs in a space ship from the 1990’s and instead looks sleek, modern, and elegant. It instantly folds so you can store it vertically or even slide it under your bed. However, just because of its new design you shouldn’t dismiss its capabilities because it does wonders in bringing optimal cardio workout into the comforts of your home.
- The first thing you’ll praise is its ultra-compact design. It folds with ease and when it is propped up for use it features a 17×45 running area. There is no assembly required either.
- Of course you need power and stability to burn those calories and the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill addresses this with its 1.5 CHP motor. This motor can take you all the way up to 6MPH.
- It also comes with two standard programs for you to use: manual as well as weight loss. This guarantees that the belt moves according to your specific goals.
- Treadmills are about full cardiovascular training and not just running. To guarantee you are getting the workout you desire and need, the LCD displays your time, speed, calories burned, and distance.
- No one wants to get bored while working out and the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is built with an audio-in system for your CD players and MP3 players. This is accompanied with the built-in speakers.
- It also comes with a heart rate monitor (thumb reader) that allows you to keep track of your progress and to ensure you are always performing at the top of your level.
- Some users have complained that the heart rate monitor is not always functional. For some it might work while others might require repair.
- You can only read the results of your run while the belt is in motion so if you stop to read your statistics the display won’t show them, forcing you to at least walk while studying your workout.
This is a very simple, very basic treadmill that doesn’t aspire to compete with the $2,000 models. It doesn’t have to – it has all the right features and design that works for everyone who wants a simple, back to basics workout session. It is affordable, compact, and still very effective for both the hardcore trainer and the casual fit enthusiast.
Comfort, safety, stability, and a wide range of options – these are the different factors that a treadmill should excel in and the ProForm Power 995c Treadmill hits them all and then some. You know you got a good treadmill when it gives you a lot of workout options and programs to hit every goal you can think.
Want to burn a specific number of calories within a specific time limit and with a specific amount of resistance? The ProForm Power 995c Treadmill can do it for you. Want to take a program and adjust it for your heart rate and your body weight? The ProForm Power 995c Treadmill can do it for you.
- Powerful Motor – you need a powerful but silent motor to really get the options you want and to make sure it can take the constant beating for several years. This treadmill comes with a 3.0 HP motor that cools itself during operation, ensuring longer life span.
- Comfort and Safety – this treadmill is designed with the special ProShox Cushioning technology that can reduce impact by 28%. This is good for your joints and it allows you to keep going for longer sessions.
- Numerous workout apps – with the backlit display and 30 different workout options you can easily switch around your session according to time, speed, and inclination. This will not only help you lose weight but also stay in shape in any way you want.
- iFit Compatibility – so long as you have the iFit WiFi adapter you can instantly access the iFit Live training program online. This allows you to access new programs, workouts, keep an online record of your progress, and more.
- EasyLift Assist – treadmills are huge machines but the ProForm Power 995c Treadmill solves storage problems with the EasyLift Assist design. This allows you to fold it up and store it vertically.
- Customer Service – while the machine itself works fine, over the course of the years you will need to replace parts and get some repairs done. Unfortunately many customers have complained about lackluster customer support to get these done.
The Best Treadmill
If you want the best treadmill out there that won’t cost you $1,500 then without a doubt you should pick up the ProForm Power 995c Treadmill. This is the treadmill that sets the bar high for all others. It is comfortable, quiet, and it comes with a lot of features to ensure you get the workout you want for the specific goal you have in mind.
Cardio is always going to be a part of any regular workout routine and the Proform 505 CST Treadmill can make that part of your physical activities all the more enjoyable. The basic design and the features included all work towards one goal – optimal cardio that gives you the best results and the experience of being on the road while in the comforts of your home. It does this through three main aspects:
- Freedom to adjust the machine according to your needs and wants
- Features designed for comfort and safety
- Auxiliary features to make the exercise more enjoyable
- So what do you get with the Proform 505 CST Treadmill? At first glance it looks like any regular treadmill but almost immediately after stepping onto it you’ll realize the major differences that include:
- Space Saver Design – this treadmill easily folds vertically, allowing you to store it anywhere you want.
- ProShox Lite 3 Cushioning – a lot of people suffer from knee injuries when running and jogging and this is because of the shock the knee joints have to work with. This feature is added not only for comfort but also to protect your joints from shock impact and pressure.
- Compatibility with iFit Live – so long as you’re connected wirelessly you can use the Proform 505 CST Treadmill to download maps, workout programs, and monitor your progress through the iFit network. This works great with the already included 15 workout apps.
- Dual-Grip EKG Heart Monitor – these handlebars not only function for support but they also monitor your heart rate, ensuring that you are in the right training course that will optimize results and keep you safe.
- Quick Incline – with a single touch of a button you can control the inclination to go from 0-10%.
- Built-In Sound System – plug in your iPod or MP3 player and lose yourself to the music.
Pros and Cons
- Has a lot of options when it comes to workout apps and training courses
- Easy to store
- Intuitive controls
- Designed for safety with its heart rate monitor and cushioning
- Doesn’t include a fan
- Might take a while for someone to assemble due to the numerous assembly parts
Is It Worth Buying?
When it comes to treadmills, the Proform 505 CST Treadmill is king of the hill, especially for treadmills within the $400-$700 price range. You wouldn’t expect much from an affordable device but the Proform 505 CST beats all expectations. This is one treadmill definitely worth investing in.
Treadmills are designed to bring your cardio workout off the road and into your home and none can do it better than the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill. This is a treadmill that not only excels in design but also in giving you optimal cardio results. You won’t be spending hours planning your run or keeping track of your calorie-burning – the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill does it all for you.
Pros of the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill:
- Multicolored LCD Console – the main centerpiece displays calorie rate, time records, distance, steps, speed, heart rate, as well as incline level. You can access numerous workout programs to instantly start working towards a specific goal.
- LifeSpan Fitness Club – you can instantly upload and download data from your fitness club account to track your progress, get new programs, and more.
- Running Power – the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill comes with a strong 2.5 horsepower motor and a 20×56 running surface. This gives you all the power and space you need to get the best workout session possible.
- EZ Drop Folding System – where other treadmills are large, bulky, and a total waste of space when it comes to putting them away, the TR 1200i is very easy to store because it instantly folds up. The EZ drop bar makes it a lot easier to bring it back down, eliminating the need for heavy locks and bolts.
- My Zone – My Zone is an included program that monitors your heart rate and uses this as the basis for a running session. The treadmill will automatically adjust speed and inclination as according to the parameters you set in relation to your heart rate.
Cons of the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill:
- Lacking Quick Buttons – while the console is great, some have remarked about it missing quick buttons to instantly adjust the speed or volume without having to scale the system manually.
- Cheap Motor Cover – the motor is arguably one of the most important parts of the treadmill and it is unfortunate that it is not very well protected.
Should You Buy It?
The LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill is an amazing treadmill. It might have a few design issues but over all you are getting everything that matters – customizable programs, access to an online account for more data, adjustable settings, and a design fit for safety and comfort. What is even more amazing is how affordable it is yet despite the low price tag it still carries all the features you’d expensive in a $2,000 model.