The ProForm Hybrid Trainer is exactly what it sounds like – a machine that is designed to give you a complete cardiovascular training experience by combining two different machines into one. With the ProForm Hybrid Trainer you can either stride because it functions as an elliptical but you can also sit down and pedal because it is also designed as an exercise bike. It is very simple but revolutionary in design that is capable of giving you more options in staying fit. This also allows you to work on different muscle groups.
Pros of the ProForm Hybrid Trainer:
- Hybrid Design – as mentioned, the best thing about the ProForm Hybrid Trainer is that it functions as both an elliptical and as an exercise bike. You get 15-inch stride length, a recumbent seat, and handles for both standing and sitting positions. The pedals are adjustable to suit both positions as well.
- Full Workout – this machine comes with 14 different workout apps, each one designed for different goals. These are all built-in so you don’t need to download anything else. Complimenting this are the 14 resistance levels that can really get you sweating.
- Adjustable LCD Display – the LCD display shows all of the norms (speed, strides, heart rate, and more) but it can also be tilted so you can see it regardless if you are sitting down or standing.
- Optimal Monitoring – there is an included dual-grip EKG heart rate monitor, RPM meter, and a target pacer. These all help you keep track of your progress and can alert you if you need to put more effort or if it is time to slow things down.
- Convenience – for your convenience there is also a water bottle holder as well as transport wheels that make it a lot easier to move around and store away when no longer needed.
Cons of the ProForm Hybrid Trainer:
- The 15-inch stride is fine for most people but if you do have larger feet then it is likely you’ll need one that has an 18-20-inch stride instead.
Why spend hundreds or even thousands for two separate workout machines when you can get both of them in the ProForm Hybrid Trainer? This is the perfect example of convenience and practicality melded into one machine and it does a fine job as both an elliptical and as an exercise bike. It has all the standard features to monitor your progress and some are added in just to make it easier for you such as the water bottle holder.
If you want the most comfortable cardiovascular training experience without compromising results then the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is what you are looking for. It is designed with a simple semi-recumbent seat and backrest, v-belt double-drive transmission, and a precision-balanced flywheel that guarantees comfort and optimal results with just one simple machine. To make it all even better, it costs less than $200! Is it any good though? To learn more consider the pros and cons below:
- As mentioned, this uses a v-belt double drive transmission system and a precision-balanced flywheel. This means you get optimal resistance for the best workout session but without the creaking and squeaking you normally get from other machines. This is a very quiet folding recumbent exercise bike.
- Speaking of optimal workout sessions, the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike features up to 8 adjustable magnetic tension levels. This makes it applicable for beginners and for expert athletes who want and need a little bit more tension to work against.
- Of course you also need to keep track of progress, especially for those counting calories and keeping a keen eye on their heart rate. The LCD display here clearly shows your speed, distance, time, heart rate, and the amount of calories you’ve burned.
- Comfort is a big importance in getting proper exercise done and this is another area where the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is an excellent choice. It can support a person up to 300lbs in weight and its semi-recumbent seat features a large, adjustable cushion as well as a backrest.
- Storing and transporting this bike is very easy because of its quick-fold design. Just fold/unfold and it is ready for use or storage. It can fit in anywhere you want without trouble, from your closet to underneath the bed.
- It does feature a heart rate meter and a pulse-reading handle but it does take some time to get your pulse rate right. You’ll have to hold onto it for a while and wait as it counts up to your proper heart rate.
Should You Buy This?
Is it worth spending money on the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike? Well if you want a very good exercise bike that gives you all the workout you need without sacrificing comfort and convenience then yes, you shouldn’t look for any other exercise bike than this one. It is incredibly affordable and yet it is a complete package that you simply cannot pass up on.
Most elliptical machines are hit or miss but the Exerpeutic Magnetic Elliptical with Pulse is a fine example of one that can be affordable yet functional. It is designed for optimal cardio workout so you will get some really good resistance without compromising safety and stability. It also keeps a good track of your progress so you can adjust the settings or your workout plan accordingly. To learn more here is a quick look at the main pros and cons of the Exerpeutic Magnetic Elliptical with Pulse:
- Stable design – most elliptical machines tend to have a jerky, bouncy movement especially when it is still your first time trying them out. This can be dangerous and cause instability, especially during those long, high-resistance training sessions. The Exerpeutic Magnetic Elliptical with Pulse throws the problem away with its Natural Elliptical Motion design.
- High tension resistance – if you want to really workout you need good resistance and that is exactly what you get here. The tension levels go from Level 1 to Level 8, allowing you to adjust just how hard and gruesome you want your cardio training to be.
- Perfect display – the LCD display is large and easy to read. It monitors everything you need to study from your current speed, time, calories burned, and distance “traveled”. It also monitors your Target Zone heart rate.
- Target Zone – there are two additional handles that include pulse pads. These are added to keep track of your heart rate. This is crucial for people working towards specific workout programs.
- Silence – despite the power of the machine as it continues to offer resistance it is incredibly quiet. This is important because most people can get annoyed with loud noises or can associate a loud machine with broken parts.
- The foot pedals are slightly slanted downwards. This is to give you a little bit of a boost but it also might be disorienting for some. It will require some time to get used to.
If you had to pick just one elliptical machine for your cardio workout then the Exerpeutic Magnetic Elliptical with Pulse is the definitive choice. It has all the features you need and a sleek, easy to store design that is both competent and durable. It offers a lot of tension to really give you a good workout session and it does all this quietly and peacefully, allowing you to focus on the moment to burn those calories and get fit.
With the Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer with Seat you get two cardio machines for the price of one. That’s right – this is a 2-in-1 workout machine that primarily functions as an elliptical, but with its adjustable seat and handle positions you can also use it as an exercise bike. The best thing though is that it is priced at a very affordable tag price. It’s almost half of what you would pay for just one of those two machines!
Pros of the Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer with Seat:
- Of course the biggest benefit is that you are getting two for the price of one. Nothing is compromised either because as both an elliptical and exercise bike you get comfortable positions, optimal resistance, and comfort.
- Also included is an electronic console to monitor your progress. It can display your time, distance, speed, and amount of calories burned. This becomes critical when you’re working out for specific goals.
- To adjust the tension all you have to do is turn a knob that is located right in the middle. This makes it easy to adjust whether you are standing or sitting. Thankfully, the amount of impact during adjustment is very minimal to the point of being unnoticeable.
- You can adjust the seat both vertically and horizontally. This makes it applicable for people of any height, weight, and preference.
- Working out can get very tiring but to keep you cool the Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer with Seat also features a cooling blade. These high-momentum blades create a soft breeze that is enough to keep you going.
- Speaking of these high-momentum blades, they can produce that cooling breeze without adding any resistance or impact on your strides.
Cons of the Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer with Seat:
- This is obviously caused by the drop in tag price but if you were hoping for an advanced console that came with several programs or an electronic control to adjust resistance then this machine will disappoint because it does lack those features.
Should You Buy It?
If you want to get the best cardiovascular training then you know you can’t just stick with walking. You need to go through a wide variety of exercises but it can be incredibly expensive to buy several machines. The Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer with Seat provides the perfect solution by offering the opportunity to ride, run, job, and walk all in one very affordable machine. It is, without second thought, worth purchasing.
If you’re starting to get tired of elliptical machines and exercise bikes but still hoping for a really good way to get solid cardiovascular training then you need the Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine. This is a machine built for rowing/gliding without having to step outside or in a boat. Amazingly, it features a lot of options that you would normally find in a more expensive glider but this one knows how to give you the complete package. Consider its strengths and weaknesses below:
- First of all you will notice the beauty and strength of its design. As a home rowing machine it features a really good pair of handle bars that transmit tension really well and the steel frame body is strong to handle people of any height and weight. It also features a compact footprint to ensure you don’t slip off or damage your joints during exercise.
- The Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine might be a very affordable machine but it does have the features that really count. You get a very clear LCD display console that can show you your time, amount of calories burned, number of strokes for that exercise session, and the total count of strokes while using the machine. This is all important in keeping track of progress.
- Of course as you keep exercising you will want more tension and this machine does offer adjustable gas-shock resistance levels at the turn of a knob. This makes it ideal for people going on long workout programs or for a household with different people intending to use it at different levels.
- It is already pretty slim but you can also fold the arms down and keep it compact, making it very easy to store away when not needed or when you need to transport it.
- The seat, while very competent in design, does not have a very comfortable cushion.
- Some customers have mentioned it can squeak during the initial strokes but this sound goes away as you “break into” the glider.
The Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine is one of the best machines you will find in the market today. It helps you monitor your progress, it is designed for convenience and safety, and it has all the features that guarantee a good workout. Since it is a rowing machine it not only builds your stamina but it also works for your arms and upper body as well, giving you different body groups to work on when compared to elliptical machines and bikes.
The Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine is the pinnacle of all rowing machines. Its console alone gives you so many different options from numerous workouts to try and animated rowers for you to study and emulate in order to learn new techniques. It is built for convenient transporting and storage but it is also very strong and durable. To discover what makes the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine so great why not look into the pros and cons listed below:
- PM3 Performance Monitor – this console does monitor the basics such as your time, speed, distance, calories, watts, and pace but it can also do much more. It has five display options to show you all your data, large print, bar chart, force curve, and rowing with a pace boat. It also has a lot of programs for you to try out.
- Numerous program and workout options – you can access preset or your favorite workout options, perform a trial against a pace boat or a previous performance, games, different language options, as well as animations that can teach you more techniques.
- Off-machine options – you can also access online rankings and online challenges to stay motivated or use the LogCard to transfer workout data to your computer.
- Perfect design – it can hold a person up to 500lbs, it has a sliding seat to give you optimal full-body workout, and its flywheel design eliminates the noise from the machine. However the best and most comfortable features of its design are the ergonomic handles and adjustable footrests.
- Convenient transport and storage – the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine can be separated and folded into two parts and all it takes is a simple quick-release lock. To make transporting easy it comes with caster wheels so you never have to drag it across the floor.
- It is very hard to find something not to like here but the seat does have a slightly hard pad. Some additional cushioning could have given this a better design in the long run.
If you want to burn some fats off, stay fit, build some muscles, or just keep in shape then the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine is the ideal machine. It is revolutionary with its built in PM3 Performance Monitor and its design gives you the best resistance, best comfort, and the best cardio training that you will not get anywhere else. To make it all even better this is an incredibly affordable rowing machine.
Not every treadmill in the market has to be bulky and large to be effective and the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is a clear testament to this. It doesn’t look like it belongs in a space ship from the 1990’s and instead looks sleek, modern, and elegant. It instantly folds so you can store it vertically or even slide it under your bed. However, just because of its new design you shouldn’t dismiss its capabilities because it does wonders in bringing optimal cardio workout into the comforts of your home.
- The first thing you’ll praise is its ultra-compact design. It folds with ease and when it is propped up for use it features a 17×45 running area. There is no assembly required either.
- Of course you need power and stability to burn those calories and the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill addresses this with its 1.5 CHP motor. This motor can take you all the way up to 6MPH.
- It also comes with two standard programs for you to use: manual as well as weight loss. This guarantees that the belt moves according to your specific goals.
- Treadmills are about full cardiovascular training and not just running. To guarantee you are getting the workout you desire and need, the LCD displays your time, speed, calories burned, and distance.
- No one wants to get bored while working out and the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is built with an audio-in system for your CD players and MP3 players. This is accompanied with the built-in speakers.
- It also comes with a heart rate monitor (thumb reader) that allows you to keep track of your progress and to ensure you are always performing at the top of your level.
- Some users have complained that the heart rate monitor is not always functional. For some it might work while others might require repair.
- You can only read the results of your run while the belt is in motion so if you stop to read your statistics the display won’t show them, forcing you to at least walk while studying your workout.
This is a very simple, very basic treadmill that doesn’t aspire to compete with the $2,000 models. It doesn’t have to – it has all the right features and design that works for everyone who wants a simple, back to basics workout session. It is affordable, compact, and still very effective for both the hardcore trainer and the casual fit enthusiast.
Comfort, safety, stability, and a wide range of options – these are the different factors that a treadmill should excel in and the ProForm Power 995c Treadmill hits them all and then some. You know you got a good treadmill when it gives you a lot of workout options and programs to hit every goal you can think.
Want to burn a specific number of calories within a specific time limit and with a specific amount of resistance? The ProForm Power 995c Treadmill can do it for you. Want to take a program and adjust it for your heart rate and your body weight? The ProForm Power 995c Treadmill can do it for you.
- Powerful Motor – you need a powerful but silent motor to really get the options you want and to make sure it can take the constant beating for several years. This treadmill comes with a 3.0 HP motor that cools itself during operation, ensuring longer life span.
- Comfort and Safety – this treadmill is designed with the special ProShox Cushioning technology that can reduce impact by 28%. This is good for your joints and it allows you to keep going for longer sessions.
- Numerous workout apps – with the backlit display and 30 different workout options you can easily switch around your session according to time, speed, and inclination. This will not only help you lose weight but also stay in shape in any way you want.
- iFit Compatibility – so long as you have the iFit WiFi adapter you can instantly access the iFit Live training program online. This allows you to access new programs, workouts, keep an online record of your progress, and more.
- EasyLift Assist – treadmills are huge machines but the ProForm Power 995c Treadmill solves storage problems with the EasyLift Assist design. This allows you to fold it up and store it vertically.
- Customer Service – while the machine itself works fine, over the course of the years you will need to replace parts and get some repairs done. Unfortunately many customers have complained about lackluster customer support to get these done.
The Best Treadmill
If you want the best treadmill out there that won’t cost you $1,500 then without a doubt you should pick up the ProForm Power 995c Treadmill. This is the treadmill that sets the bar high for all others. It is comfortable, quiet, and it comes with a lot of features to ensure you get the workout you want for the specific goal you have in mind.
Cardio is always going to be a part of any regular workout routine and the Proform 505 CST Treadmill can make that part of your physical activities all the more enjoyable. The basic design and the features included all work towards one goal – optimal cardio that gives you the best results and the experience of being on the road while in the comforts of your home. It does this through three main aspects:
- Freedom to adjust the machine according to your needs and wants
- Features designed for comfort and safety
- Auxiliary features to make the exercise more enjoyable
- So what do you get with the Proform 505 CST Treadmill? At first glance it looks like any regular treadmill but almost immediately after stepping onto it you’ll realize the major differences that include:
- Space Saver Design – this treadmill easily folds vertically, allowing you to store it anywhere you want.
- ProShox Lite 3 Cushioning – a lot of people suffer from knee injuries when running and jogging and this is because of the shock the knee joints have to work with. This feature is added not only for comfort but also to protect your joints from shock impact and pressure.
- Compatibility with iFit Live – so long as you’re connected wirelessly you can use the Proform 505 CST Treadmill to download maps, workout programs, and monitor your progress through the iFit network. This works great with the already included 15 workout apps.
- Dual-Grip EKG Heart Monitor – these handlebars not only function for support but they also monitor your heart rate, ensuring that you are in the right training course that will optimize results and keep you safe.
- Quick Incline – with a single touch of a button you can control the inclination to go from 0-10%.
- Built-In Sound System – plug in your iPod or MP3 player and lose yourself to the music.
Pros and Cons
- Has a lot of options when it comes to workout apps and training courses
- Easy to store
- Intuitive controls
- Designed for safety with its heart rate monitor and cushioning
- Doesn’t include a fan
- Might take a while for someone to assemble due to the numerous assembly parts
Is It Worth Buying?
When it comes to treadmills, the Proform 505 CST Treadmill is king of the hill, especially for treadmills within the $400-$700 price range. You wouldn’t expect much from an affordable device but the Proform 505 CST beats all expectations. This is one treadmill definitely worth investing in.
Treadmills are designed to bring your cardio workout off the road and into your home and none can do it better than the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill. This is a treadmill that not only excels in design but also in giving you optimal cardio results. You won’t be spending hours planning your run or keeping track of your calorie-burning – the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill does it all for you.
Pros of the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill:
- Multicolored LCD Console – the main centerpiece displays calorie rate, time records, distance, steps, speed, heart rate, as well as incline level. You can access numerous workout programs to instantly start working towards a specific goal.
- LifeSpan Fitness Club – you can instantly upload and download data from your fitness club account to track your progress, get new programs, and more.
- Running Power – the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill comes with a strong 2.5 horsepower motor and a 20×56 running surface. This gives you all the power and space you need to get the best workout session possible.
- EZ Drop Folding System – where other treadmills are large, bulky, and a total waste of space when it comes to putting them away, the TR 1200i is very easy to store because it instantly folds up. The EZ drop bar makes it a lot easier to bring it back down, eliminating the need for heavy locks and bolts.
- My Zone – My Zone is an included program that monitors your heart rate and uses this as the basis for a running session. The treadmill will automatically adjust speed and inclination as according to the parameters you set in relation to your heart rate.
Cons of the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill:
- Lacking Quick Buttons – while the console is great, some have remarked about it missing quick buttons to instantly adjust the speed or volume without having to scale the system manually.
- Cheap Motor Cover – the motor is arguably one of the most important parts of the treadmill and it is unfortunate that it is not very well protected.
Should You Buy It?
The LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill is an amazing treadmill. It might have a few design issues but over all you are getting everything that matters – customizable programs, access to an online account for more data, adjustable settings, and a design fit for safety and comfort. What is even more amazing is how affordable it is yet despite the low price tag it still carries all the features you’d expensive in a $2,000 model.