You people like simple hen dishes—- I completely understood this truth when I published thisone-pan baked lemon poultry recipea while back as well as The Woks of Life audience went nuts for it.
Since after that, I’ve been fantasizing up brand-new ways to prepare whole dishes making use of just one pan, as well as this Mediterranean Poultry Thighs dish may simply be the very best concept yet—- probably even (attempt I state it?) much better than the baked lemon chicken dish.
It utilizes the same basic principle as that dish—- of toasting poultry and potatoes in one pan for a full meal (maybe with a salad on the side). Instead of lemon as the main flavor, this dish consists of roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and capers.
You just require about 10 active ingredients for this recipe, much of which you most likely currently have in your cupboard. You just scorch the hen thighs rapidly in your roasting frying pan, positioned precisely your cooktop. Then you discard in a couple of potatoes, a jar of chopped roasted red peppers, a bottle of capers, a pint of grape tomatoes, a couple of garlic cloves, and some oregano.
All of it obtains thrown along with olive oil, salt and pepper, and after that you can toss it into the stove for a hr and hop on with all the various other things you have to do on a busy weeknight or weekend afternoon.
When you take that roaster out of the oven, it is a complete, tasty meal that tastes sufficient for a fancy supper.
Before we carry on, I will state that you require a quite large roasting pan to execute this recipe. I recently purchased thisCuisinart Multiclad Pro Roasterto prepare an added Thanksgiving turkey (we had 50 people over this year, as well as one turkey wasn’t going to reduce it), and I’m actually satisfied with it!
Ok, allowed’s obtain this mediterranean poultry thigh dish started.
- 8 poultry upper legs
- salt and also pepper
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, rubbed and cut into little chunks
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. container roasted red peppers, drained pipes and also sliced
- 1/4 mug capers, drained
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and also squashed
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried out oregano
- 3 tbsps carefully sliced parsley (optional).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Rinse the hen and rub dry with paper towels. Period the poultry with salt and pepper.
Warmth a roasting pan over high tool high warmth and also add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.Scorch the poultry skin-side down up until lightly gold.
Turn the hen over as well as switch off the warmth.
Stir in the potatoes, tomatoes, red peppers, capers, garlic, as well as oregano. Season whatever with a bit much more salt and also pepper to preference, and drizzle with a few even more tablespoons of olive oil.
Toss into the oven for 45-55 minutes..Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Serve this delightfully vibrant baked mediterranean chicken thigh meal hot out of the oven!
- 8 poultry thighs.
- salt and also pepper.
- olive oil.
- 1 1/2 extra pounds potatoes, rubbed and also reduced into small chunks.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes.
- 1 10 oz. container roasted red peppers, drained pipes and sliced.
- 1/4 cup capers, drained pipes.
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled off and crushed.
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried out oregano.
- 3 tablespoons carefully cut parsley (optional).
- Preheat stove to 400 levels F.
- Rinse the chicken and rub dry with paper towels. Period the hen with salt and also pepper. Warm a toasting frying pan over high tool high warmth and also include a few tbsps of olive oil.
- Burn the poultry skin-side down till gently golden. Flip the hen over and also transform off the warm.
- Mix in the potatoes, tomatoes, red peppers, capers, garlic, as well as oregano. Season everything with a little bit a lot more salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle with a few more tbsps of olive oil. Toss right into the oven for 45-55 mins.
- Sprinkle with parsley if wanted and serve!
Article source: http://thewoksoflife.com/2016/12/mediterranean-chicken-thighs/