This Article is Being Shared... Move Mouse to 'Share Button' to Share
Holiday Party Tips
Party Time? Enjoy the festivities and keep a few key tips in mind!
- Don’t hang out at the food table. It can be very easy to talk and munch away without paying attention to what you are actually eating.
- Choose sparkling water over fancy, high-calorie beverages. Add a touch of lemon or lime for added flavor.
- Enjoy the conversation and the company! Make that your focus!
- Offer to bring a dish. Make it something you know you’ll be able to eat. This way you’re guaranteed something that’s good for you and delicious.
- Eat a Medifast Meal before heading out. Going to a party with your stomach growling can set you up for overeating.
- Invite others to take a short walk with you after dinner, weather permitting, of course.
- Don’t deprive yourself! If you’re on the 5 & 1 Plan and choose to enjoy a few special holiday dishes, that’s OK. Just remember to stick to the “3 tablespoon” rule: Choose your indulgences wisely and limit yourself to a tablespoon of each (up to 3). Sit down; slowly and mindfully enjoying the aromas, taste and texture of your selections. When you are finished, chew a piece of strong sugar-free gum, brush your teeth or take a walk and be sure to congratulate yourself on exercising such great portion control.
For most of us, the holidays mean spending extra time with family – which can be a blessing for some and a burden for others. Setting boundaries is an essential part of self-care; don’t be shy about limiting contact with family members who bring you more pain than joy.
If you are obligated to attend an event that is bound to be less than pleasant, be sure to also schedu le some time soon after with a supportive friend or family member so that you can unwind. By deciding in advance how you are going to handle difficult family situations, you’ll be able to develop a good support plan instead of retreating to the cookie jar.
On-Line Support Tools!
Did you know when you sign up as a client to my Take Shape for Life group you can get free Support In Motion Online Tools System to help you achieve long term success with Medifast and Take Shape for Life.
CLICK HERE to find out more information and sign up today.