Take Shape For Life: a unique business model
Take Shape For Life’s business model is revolutionary. There is no other business quite like ours. Our model borrows elements from several different types of businesses, including financial services, direct selling, franchising, internet marketing, and direct marketing. We are a new and refreshing prototype for businesses in the 21st
Our business model
Our model is similar to the way a doctor builds a medical practice.
- A solo doctor in her own practice gets paid for providing professional services to her patients.
- If the doctor wants to reach more patients, she may hire other doctors, establishing a clinic (essentially a team of doctors), and determine a fee structure to pay those doctors. Within this structure, the original doctor can now reach more patients and earn more money.
- Now, if the doctor is really business driven, she may open additional clinics (a network of teams) in the area or even across the nation.
Important points of distinction
- The majority of Health Coaches started out as Clients who improved their health and then decided to become a Health Coach and pay it forward.
- We are not a wholesale buying club. When Health Coaches order products for personal use, they pay the retail price, the same as their Clients or any other Take Shape For Life or Medifast customer. Their Clients order directly from the company.
- The majority of our revenues are generated by Clients, not Health Coaches. Our business is not an endless chain recruiting model (where in order to sustain revenues, people must be recruited continuously to replace those who quit).
- Health Coaches are independent contractors. They are not required to meet monthly quotas to remain Health Coaches and do not have to purchase products to earn compensation. Health Coaches can only receive compensation if a Client is purchasing Medifast Meals or other consumable products.
- All Health Coaches are trained and tested by The Health Institute to be eligible to receive compensation.
- Most Health Coaches start by acquiring and supporting Clients. Building a network of other Health Coaches or Health Care Professionals is entirely optional.